Programs for uncompressed incremental backup

keithpld 15:48 PM 29 Aug 11

My old Western Digital hard drive came with Retrospect 6.5 backup software, which won't run on my new computer with Windows 7.

On my old computer I had previously programmed Retrospect to do a daily incremental backup which gave me an exact uncompressed copy of my hard drive.

I am looking for recommendations for good backup software that will do the same thing and is compatible with Windows 7. Someone has mentioned Acronis - not sure if this does uncompressed, someone else mentioned Second Copy, which I'm pretty sure does. Any other thoughts?

Forum Editor 18:49 PM 29 Aug 11

If you want to keep things simple

Take a look at this

john bunyan 16:30 PM 30 Aug 11
  lapwlover 03:30 AM 09 Sep 11

Trust backup software on the market, such as todo backup ,nova, macruim .They are more versatility software than windows 7. Schedule backup set, incremental backup, differential backup. you can set uncompressed copy by yourself. Personally, I use todo backup free in my windows 7.

Differential/Incremental backup and automatic backup

Save PC to a safe place - FTP, CD/DVD, Network

Restore system to dissimilar hardware

Explore backup contents & selective restore

it is terrific!

Mike_tech 13:37 PM 14 Oct 11

Try Handy Backup, it's a good incremental backup software for Windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…