Program Entries in Programs and Settings

tullie 18:33 PM 09 Aug 09

I have entries in Programs and Settings that i cant delete,even though the program has been deleted,they dont show in Revo,any ideas anyone?

tullie 18:35 PM 09 Aug 09

Sorry,that should mean Programs and Features in Control Panel

mrwoowoo 22:49 PM 09 Aug 09

Something that worked for me was Ccleaner.
Double click Ccleaner then on tools.
then in uninstall click delete entry.That's if you have uninstalled the programme,which i take is what you mean and not deleted.

tullie 23:09 PM 09 Aug 09

Thanks for the reply.I had tried that and they are not listed,thanks anyway.It is nero thats been uninstalled,but left entries behind.

BRYNIT 09:03 AM 10 Aug 09

Try the Nero general cleaning tool click here

sunnystaines 09:05 AM 10 Aug 09

got the same prob with ms works that came p reinstalled on xp deleted program, but still listed in add/remove if click to uninstall asks for cd?

ccleaner and revo get same problem, given up on it, surprised to see similar prob.

Pine Man 10:58 AM 10 Aug 09

It sometimes helps to re-install the offending software and then uninstall it again.

mrwoowoo 14:30 PM 10 Aug 09

Could try deleting from the registry.
click here

tullie 20:33 PM 10 Aug 09

General cleaning tool dident work,will move onto registry next.

Jim_F 14:14 PM 11 Aug 09

If its Nero 9 then pre-Dec 2008 versions did make a bit of a mess that clean tool didn't touch - I'm guessing that if the installer doesn't behave predictably then clean tool can't help.

I found that reinstalling or using system restore so I could use the Revo two stage uninstal did tidy things up a lot followed by the ccleaner scan for redundant registry entries.

Even better would be a system restore point pre-Nero as I know from bitter experience that there's an awful lot of Nero registry data !

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites