Problems transferring photos to Vista

lil_purple_angel 14:02 05 Jan 09

Hi,

I work with photographs a lot. I have recently upgraded to a new laptop running Vista, and have copied all my pictures from XP. During the copying process it automatically saved all the photographs into 'my pictures' (or similar name - sorry not using my laptop atm to check)

All the folders are correct, however when I open them, it seems to have created seperate little folders for each file with a couple of different versions in - although they have different file names.

I haven't had a chance to open these new versions to compare size/quality etc yet, but am aware this may well cause me problems... as well as being very annoying!

Any help much appreciated! I still have my originals on my old laptop and backed up on a portable drive so can recopy.

Thanks

Woolwell 15:51 05 Jan 09

Are these folders blue in colour? You may have inadvertently stacked your photos.

I didn't have this problem so hope that this helps.

lil_purple_angel 15:53 05 Jan 09

I'm not sure without checking when I get home - I didn't notice anything unusual about the colour (at least not in the way that OS like NT server differentiated between regular and compressed folders with blue text)

Kevscar1 20:06 05 Jan 09

how did you copy them. Just draged mine over from external harddrive without anything strange happening

lil_purple_angel 09:25 06 Jan 09

exactly the same - copied onto external hard drive, then cut and pasted into my docs (although it defaulted into the pictures folder)... kind of thinking it would be worth removing them, making a new folder and making sure they go in there and nowhere else?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…