Problems printing to a Vista Network Printer

cyberphobic 23:57 PM 15 Aug 07

I have a Brother MFC-215C printer attached to a desktop PC running Vista Ultimate (recently upgraded from XP Pro)and I can print from that PC to the printer. I have a part wired/part wireless network with 2 other desktops and 4 laptops and I could previously print from all of themto the Brother printer.I have now deleted the XP drivers, and loaded the correct Vista drivers, I have enabled "allow file and printer sharing" in the firewall settings, I have ticked all the right buttons in the "Network and Sharing Center" and I can get to the point, when adding a printer, where I enter the username and password of the PC attached to the printer - and then I get this message - the credentials supplied are not sufficient to access this printer, do you want to specify new credentials? Not sure where to go from here, can anyone assist?

cyberphobic 21:11 PM 16 Aug 07

Having reviewd everything once again, I found that the Firewall settings had defaulted, I once again enabled File and Print sharing and also "Network Discovery". I then re-added the printer as a Network printer rather than a local printer and hey presto all of a sudden it worked!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites