Problems with Paint in W7

Al Davies 09:11 15 Jun 14

Hi,

With XP I found the Paint programme supplied fairly easy to use but Paint that comes with Windows 7 Pro has changed.

I tried to draw a freehand line around a figure in a photo and could not then see a way to copy that elsewhere. Worse, I was unable to see a way to remove that line and it had transferred itself to the original photo and I could not get rid of it.

Does anyone know how I can select one figure in a photo using the freehand line to draw around it and then copy it. Is there another simple programme I can use to do this that won't affect the original photo?

I am wary of downloading some programmes I have seen such as The Gimp or Irfanview in case they take over my photofiles which I don't want.

Cheers

Secret-Squirrel 09:52 15 Jun 14

"I tried to draw a freehand line around a figure in a photo and could not then see a way to copy that elsewhere. Worse, I was unable to see a way to remove that line and it had transferred itself to the original photo and I could not get rid of it."

It sounds like you've drawing your line with a brush instead of the selection tool. Click the little arrow at the bottom of the "Select" button and choose "Free-form Selection". When you complete your selection, take your finger off the mouse button and the cursor should change to a four-headed arrow. Left-click again and you should be able to drag the selection to anywhere you want.

lotvic 14:59 15 Jun 14

And before you open Paint and the photo to start, in Windows Explorer make a copy of your photo file and work with the Copy not the original.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now