Problems loading Office 2003 on Vista

Nellyp 21:21 17 Nov 07

Having run office 2003 (student version) on our home Pc running XP for a couple of years now, we have just got our daughter a laptop with Vista on it. When trying to install the office package we get an error saying the system can't find file ZT561401.cab on the cd.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Neil

gudgulf 22:18 17 Nov 07

Check the cd for damage/fingerprints/other dirty marks and clean it if necessary.

Sounds like the cd is not being read correctly.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:51 19 Nov 07

Insert the disk and open 'my computer'. Locate the disk and right click on the office programme-open. Select setup.exe and run the disk from there. This is a common problems with Office 2003 amnd Vista.

G

HardChikn 16:59 19 Nov 07

Is your programme meda factory pressed or burned? I ask this because I have experienced similar installation problems. In one instance, wiping off a smudge of grease (of un-known origin as till then I believed I always observe high media-handling standards. LOL!)The other times, installation would only commence if I manually run it from the programme setu exe. In one particular instance, I had to navigate further into the 'Payload' folder to run the setup exe. The penalty here was that I by passed some of the non-install specific choices (eg, 'browse media, read readme or install'). A common factor noticed in all insances is that the media was burned rather than factory presed.

Nellyp 19:52 21 Nov 07

Thanks Gandalf that work fine.

many thanks

Spark6 21:01 25 Nov 07

For future reference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5