Problems with input from keyboard and scroll wheel?

anotherbob 10:08 15 May 14

My PC has developed a strange problem. I can be typing into a text window (like this one or Notepad) and suddenly my input stops appearing and I hear a tinny tone for each key press. I notice that the colour at the top of the window goes paler as this happens. Also if I am scrolling down a list on screen using the scroll wheel on the mouse it stops responding. The mouse pointer continues to move OK. This is happening roughly every 50 seconds. I can restore input simply by left-clicking but then it will recur 50 secs. later. My keyboard is wired PS2 but I have a wireless mouse. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. Can anyone offer a solution.

lotvic 17:50 15 May 14

I think you have a program/background service that is starting up and 'stealing focus', probably a a program that is doing scheduled or automatic update. Google for 'stealing focus' for explanation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…