Problems with DVD/CD drive

LJM 18:15 07 Apr 08

I have recently purchased a Toshiba Eqium P200D notebook which has a TSST Corp. TS-L632H ATA device (DVD/CD drive).

All of a sudden I am now unable to play DVD/CD's or install any new software as there is an error message coming up in device properties in Device Manager which says 'Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)'. I have tried uninstalling the devive and then re-starting the notebook but with no success.

I recently installed Service Pack 1 for Vista and wonder if this could be the cause of the problem.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks for any help.

Lester Mortimore

anskyber 19:02 07 Apr 08

Did you download SP1 or were you offered it through automatic Windows Update?

If you downloaded it yourself you may have a non compliant driver. In that case uninstall SP1 and reinstall the pre SP1 driver.

Wait until the SP1 is offered to you through WU which will fix the driver issue beforehand.

skidzy 20:16 07 Apr 08

Or;

These fixes are known to work in Vista though meant for xp.
I have run them myself on Vista machines and they work.
click here

LJM 07:40 08 Apr 08

Tried the registry route and this has worked fine. Problem sorted. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…