Problems Backing up Windows 8.1

DerekL 11:58 AM 28 Oct 13

I have quite a long question, please read it all and be patient, I have just updated my Windows 8 computer to Windows 8.1 and I have had lots of problems trying to make an image backup, my usual program Macrium Reflect Free used to take about 45 minutes to 1 hour to create an image, now it is hours. What partitions besides C: do I have to select to make an image,also I tried to use Windows own backup to make a system image and after about an hour of backing up an error popped up stating:

"The backup failed

There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set. (0X807800C5) Additional Information: The specified backup disk cannot be found. (0x80780081)"

I have tried several free Image Backup programs and in AOMEI Backupper I clicked on System Backup and it selected the *:ESP partition and C: and made an image backup. Now, will that get me my system back as I have got it now, and the question I am asking is, I want to make a Windows PE recovery drive using a USB Flash Drive, what size do I need to create it and do I have to go into BIOS to change the boot startup and will it really boot me back into Windows, thank you very much for your patience.

wizzboy 13:26 PM 28 Oct 13

I use this with no trouble at all,EaseUS Todo Backup Advanced Server 5.8

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016