Problems with backing up to dvd

Ankermi 26 May 10

Toshiba Satellite laptop with Vista, C.Cleaner and AVG

I use this laptop purely for family history research and have always created back ups to a dvd. (I use Legacy family history software)

However I now find I can no longer back up or open existing files on the dvd.

Checking Explorer I now see that my F drive is duplicated, probably causing a confusion when trying to back up?

Can I delete one of these or will it delete the whole F drive. The number of files in each are the same.

Any advice please?

Kevscar1 27 May 10

before you delete go into device manager and disable one of the drives. If you can still use the drive then delete that one. If not enable and disable the other one.
That way you know which is the right one to delete.

kristain 27 May 10

Right Click on My Computer and then go to manage and then go for device manager from there you can disable one of the drives.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message