Problem - wireless HP printer installation

tamsin 11:02 AM 11 Jan 12

I am running WIN7 64 Bit, BT wireless hub. Have added a laptop (also running WIN7 64 bit) to home network and set up HP Photosmart Premium 309g printer as 'wireless'. It works a treat with the laptop but my desktop computer tells me the printer is off line. I have run theeh trouble shooter and not come up with an answer. Can anyone help me please?

BRYNIT 12:48 PM 11 Jan 12

Have you set the printer to go into sleep mode when not in use?

I had this printer last year on a Win7 64 bit OS, if the printer went into sleep mode it would loose the connection with the computer, If sleep mode was switch off I had no problems. HP was going to look into this but never got back to me and I never found an answer.

tamsin 13:30 PM 11 Jan 12

Thanks Brynit. Have now got printer working on my desktop as well as laptop. Never gave the sleep mode a thought. HP help is not very good for printers is it.

difarn 13:35 PM 11 Jan 12

Have you tried this? :-

Go to control panel and click on Devices and printers. Choose Add a printer and then select Add a local printer. Click on Create a new port. The default in the drop down box is Local Port. Do not change that. Click Next. A dialogue box will appear asking for you to enter a port name. Type in the \computer name\printer name . Type your computer name and the printer name(\PC\printer name) Click on ok and exit.

BRYNIT 15:19 PM 12 Jan 12

Just for curiosity as I do not have this printer any more I decided to see if there was a fix and allow the sleep mode to be re enabled, its something you could try?

From the HP help forum Wi-Fi Guy has mad a couple of suggestions 1 Click here 2 Click here bothe may solve the problem but I think the second link may be the easiest to follow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…