Problem with Vista & AVG virus scan...Please help!

Milenaj 22:11 10 May 07

My boss ran an AVG virus scan with user account control in Vista on, and didn't find any viruses. (I believe that means it didn't' search the entire computer, but only his user account). Then he turned user account control off, and did another virus scan again and this time it found some. So we need to know what that means..if he runs it w/it turned on, it's not really finding all viruses? What is he supposed to do to be fully protected...?

Please help!

Thank You!!

skidzy 06:42 14 May 07

Boot into safemode and run AVG again,though seems very strange that if UAC is disabled you find these viruses.

crosstrainer 11:28 14 May 07

UAC has a nasty habit of being very overprotective....too much so at times. What I tend to do is disconnect my Internet connection (no nastsy's can get through then) Disable UAC, then run AVG, and any anti-spyware programs you may have. Then re-enable UAC.

I have found that Adaware misses most running proccess modules with UAC enabled.

The important thing is to make sure that you restart UAC when scans are completed.

Milenaj 22:38 07 Jun 07

Thank you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…