Problem updating SAS

john bunyan 17:44 PM 27 Nov 09

Win 7 64 bit. One of my freebies is Superantispyware. Normal daily manual updates ok but I get an update in bottom right hand corner and when I try to install it says it wont, as it must come from an Administrator account. I am the only user and have full admin rights. On XP (dual boot) the same update goes in well. Do I have to dowload the update from the SAS site? If so can it be installed on top of existing one? I am using PC tools firewall, Avira antivirus and SAS and Malawarebytes as malware.

rdave13 21:38 PM 27 Nov 09

Exit the program in notification area. Click start-- all programs and right click SAS and select properties. Under the shortcut tab click advanced then click on 'run as administrator' and click ok. Click on apply and give permission. Click on the compatibility tab-- and tick the box to run as administrator-- click apply and ok.
Restart the program.

john bunyan 15:55 PM 28 Nov 09

Thanks for that - had no idea where to look. However, I exited the programme, did as you say then even shut down and restarted, but it does not seem to remember the setting and the update still says I must be an administraor, which I am.Will keep trying!

rdave13 17:45 PM 28 Nov 09

Try just having the shortcut running as admin and untick run as admin under compatibility tab.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…