Problem syncing W8 calendar with Google calendar

Quickbeam 11:37 AM 23 Feb 13

I've been trying to get the W8 metro app to sync with my Google calendar, like this, but it keeps telling me that it can't connect and to check the Google account info which is correct.

Has anyone else got a problem with this?

rdave13 12:21 PM 25 Feb 13
  Quickbeam 11:09 AM 26 Feb 13

Thanks rdave13, The main annoyance it that the tile is useless unless it indicates events due. I've no intention of using two calendars as my phone and mobile device is Android and suits Google calendar well.

rdave13 23:26 PM 26 Feb 13

The same thing is happening with the G Map tile. I can no longer get my location on it. Everything else works though. Stick with google calendar on the desktop and uninstall the calendar tile. Pity these giant corporations don't think of their customers/users at times.

Quickbeam 08:18 AM 27 Feb 13

Does this mean that Windows phones will have the same problem? If that's the case the choice of what phone I'll buy, or more accurately, won't buy, has been dictated as I'm happy with the flexible openness of Android over other OSs.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…