Problem loading emails

tamsin 16:29 28 Jan 11

Using WIN7 64 bit and Thunderbird. Have just Installed PC Tools Internet Security 2011 and every time I download emails - very slow to download and I get the following message popping up.

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIMsgCopyService.CopyMessages]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://astoolbar/content/astoolbar.js :: PCTAS_MoveEmail :: line 1438" data: no]

Can anyone suggest what is going on and how to fix it please.

gengiscant 11:35 29 Jan 11

Your problem is related to Chrome which I am assuming is your search engine,it is also related to PC tools .
Either check if there is a setting that needs to be adjusted or uninstall PC tools and see it you problem is solved.
Do you also have a toolbar addon in Chrome?

tamsin 14:42 29 Jan 11

Sorry did not mention search engine - it is Firefox - have not used Chrome. Why would it have Chrome in the error if Chrome is not loaded?

Ashrich 22:46 31 Jan 11

"Chrome" is a constituent part of Thunderbird , un-install Thunderbird and re-install and that may well sort it . Another thing to try is to disable email monitoring in PC Tools as the error message mentions PCTAS ( PC Tools Anti Spam ? )

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…