Problem Installing Microsoft Office 2013

ArthurJB 15:04 PM 08 Mar 13

I have a downloaded copy of Office 2013 professional and a backup disc, both of these programs automatically install on my C: drive, no option. I have a small SSD C: drive and a large D:\ drive, as far as possible I install all programs on the D: drive but some give me no option. My C:\ is virtually full, how can I get office installed on my D:\ drive?

lotvic 22:08 PM 08 Mar 13

You will have to completely uninstall office from your pc. I think you have to download a cleanup tool from microsoft to completely remove all traces.

When you do the install from dvd you have to choose 'Custom' which allows you to choose/browse to where to install.

ArthurJB 11:35 AM 09 Mar 13

Thank you for your prompt reply, this is the usual option I use when installing any software but in this instance I am not given that option. The install executive program gives no options at all, just an immediate install.

mgmcc 12:47 PM 09 Mar 13

If you have the backup DVD, does it not give you the option of performing a Custom Install, which is where you should be able to select the drive in which the program is installed?

ArthurJB 11:11 AM 10 Mar 13

I have no option of performing a custom install on the backup disc

lotvic 00:28 AM 11 Mar 13

Alas :( it seems you only got the Custom option on the Evaluation copy of Office 2013 all others don't give a choice and install to C:

ArthurJB 09:31 AM 11 Mar 13

I have done some further investigations and it appears what I have is a Click2run installer on these copies of the software, it appears to be the way ahead for Microsoft, what I need is the MSI installer copy. How I would get a copy of that without paying a small fortune I do not know. I wonder if I downloaded an evaluation copy would my product key work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know