Problem with Icon Size in 'Manage Wireless Networks'

kwil2 16:44 PM 04 Nov 13

Hello... I'm running Win7-Home(64-bit) When I enter 'Network & Sharing Center' > Manage Wireless Networks, for some inexplicable reason, the icon showing my network connection has suddenly changed to 'small' (VERY small!!) when it was previously 'large' I checked 'View' and also right-clicked free space in window, but all other options are now greyed out. Anyone know what's happened and how I can reverse it? Many thanks

AlwaysOn 18:10 PM 05 Nov 13

It may be that some corruption has occurred and relevant files are damaged.

There are two things that come to mind that you could try-

1- See if you can do a restore, maybe the problem occurred after an update?

2- Try running a scan/repair using the SFC /SCANNOW command. This will check and repair if necessary any critical Windows system files to do this click on Start/All programs/Accessories then right-click on Command Prompt option and select 'Run as administrator'. At the command prompt enter: SFC /SCANNOW

You might also have a look at- click here shows how to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows 7.

Good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016