Printing web pages from IE7

nkosi 20:22 20 Nov 07

When trying to print a webpage from IE7 on my Vista laptop I get error messages in both print preview and print commands. (Cannot find file ///C:/Users/admin/AppData/Local/Temp/Low/****.htm) The printer is in a wireless network attached to an XP desktop but the problem is almost certainly with IE7. I can print OK from Firefox and any other program and also from my son's Vista laptop using IE7. Another problem is that I cannot bookmark a web page in IE.

It seems to be a security setting which is causing the problem because if I uncheck the protected mode (turn it off) both of these problems are cured. Obviously I don't want to run it in this mode so I'm using Firefox but I'd like to know if anybody has any idea which setting might be causing the problem.

anskyber 23:51 20 Nov 07

Is the security setting at medium high?

nkosi 12:07 21 Nov 07

Yes. With the security setting at Medium-High and protected mode OFF, I can access the print/print preview. With the security setting unchanged at Medium-High and the protected mode ON, I can't print/print preview.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple