Printing from Vista

Quickbeam 07:47 08 Feb 09

I'm having trouble printing from to an HP 475 and an Epson stylus R200 from Vista. They're not that old so I can't believe they're not supported.

The print spooler for both reports a printing error.

I've been through the driver update procedure, Vista says they best drivers are installed and OK.

Also I've been through the help file procedure for the advanced settings and they're as Vista says they should be.

So other than that I've no idea why I can't print from Vista...

MCE2K5 02:04 09 Feb 09

Have you tried installing Vistas Own Drivers,

HP click here

Epson click here

Quickbeam 07:42 09 Feb 09

Yes, they both claim that all you have to do is plug them in and they will work.

Windows says that the drivers are up to date and working OK. But I can't get anything to print. I just get a printing error in the spooling list...?

mrwoowoo 22:05 09 Feb 09

Hope this helps.
click here;EN-US;324757

mrwoowoo 22:07 09 Feb 09

Hmm.That didn't work but the link to Microsoft is on this forum.
click here

Woolwell 00:06 10 Feb 09

For the Epson have you installed the Epson PrintModule click here

Woolwell 00:10 10 Feb 09

For the HP I assume that you have already fround and tried this click here

Quickbeam 06:53 10 Feb 09

None of the printer site fixs work. I'll check out the mrwoowoo link later as that needs a bit of time thanks.

Quickbeam 07:07 10 Feb 09

No luck with that either. Vista can see both printers and says they are both properly installed with the best drivers available. But it just won't print.

Woolwell 14:38 10 Feb 09

This may help for the R200 click here
Did you download and install the driver from the Epson site or rely on the Vista driver?

Quickbeam 07:59 11 Feb 09

No joy.

I'm using my old laptop as a wireless slave now to do it from XP.

MS haven't done a very good job of backwards compatibility on Vista, unless they've got shares in printer manufacturers... It's a conspiracy man!

I'm not buying a new printer 'til I've broken the ones I have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…