Printer wanted for laptop

golfpro 14:57 26 Jan 08

I have an Acer laptop (vista OS), and require a small (footprint) color printer to use with this. It doesn't have to have blue tooth as my laptop doesn't have it, but it does have to connect via USB and be cheap to buy and to run, and give reasonable quality.
What would you suggest amongst the more popular makes and models.
Yes I have looked around the major stores but keep getting pushed in all sorts of directions.

dms05 16:39 27 Jan 08

Like you I've just bought an Acer laptop (5920) running Vista. Unlike you I already had a colour laser printer - Samsung CLP300 click here and that works well with Vista and XP. It comes with a separate Vista installation CD.

Like all colour laser printers the replacement toner cartridges aren't cheap (black, yellow, cyan, magenta) so it depends upon how many pages you plan to print! You can buy refills and the CLP300 cartridges should be easy for DIY.

The CLP300 is reasonably quiet when printing (some roller noise as the paper goes through the printer) and is otherwise silent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…