Printer installation

JohnC123 11:41 05 Apr 10

I have Windows 7 (64 bit). I recently installed a HP photosmart C4580 printer which works wirelessly. Every time I switch on my Win 7 it comes up with a warning that the printer drivers are not installed and yet - the printer works perfectly well ! How can I stop this warning from appearing each time I switch on ?

james105051 13:48 05 Apr 10

If it were me I would re-install the drivers again, or failing that, uninstall the printer, reboot and install afresh.

JohnC123 16:58 05 Apr 10

Thanks for the advice James - I already tried that - it re-installs the printer OK but I am still getting the warning that the printer is not properly installed.

JohnC123 10:14 08 Apr 10

Can anyone else help with this - all I need is to stop the warning appearing each time I switch on the computer.
Thanks.

kristain 06:54 24 Jun 10

1. Click the "Start" button, type PRINTER in the search box and press Enter.
2. Find the icons which are related to HP LaserJet 1022, and delete them.
3. Right-click on the blank part of the window, and choose "Run as administrator"->"Server Properties".
4. On the Drivers tab, select the listed printer and click the Remove button. Please then select Remove driver and driver package.
5. Open Start menu, input APPWIZ.CPL in the Search box and press ENTER to launch "Programs and Features".
6. Try to remove all related printer software.
for more information and help click here

Kevin-1416101 09:38 08 Jul 10

Hey kristain
Thanks for the solution it really works for me...
I think installation for both hp photosmart and laserjet is same....

Thanks Again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac