Printer Cheat

jimforrest 10:39 AM 07 Mar 12

I have an Acer Aspire Laptop running Win 7 which I often use for work related stuff, some of which involves scheming out layouts for Power Station Systems. As the Reports are prepared in Word I usually add Appendixes with the Scheme on (drawn using Word Draw - which is not the best but is nice and easy) but on A3 size sheets. My printer is an HP Deskjet F300 A4 printer which then controls the maximum paper size in Word (the A3 option doesn't appear). The Schemes are actually emailed to my Head Office and printed off there so I don't need to print them, but I need to format the sheet to A3. In previous Windows versions I have got round this by simply adding another printer driver for an A3 printer (even though I don't have one), and the A3 option then appears in Word. But not with Win7 - no matter what I do I can't get the A3 sheet to show up. I have installed the driver for an HP 890c (wide format) printer but no go. Any ideas to get round this?

johndrew 16:25 PM 07 Mar 12

How about using 'File/Page setup/Paper/Custom' and inserting the paper size?

jimforrest 16:59 PM 11 Mar 12

Thanks John - that certainly works but I have to do it every time for every A3 document. Is there no way I can kid Windows into thinking I have an A3 printer attached?

johndrew 10:09 AM 12 Mar 12

Create your A3 blank .doc and save it as, say, "A3". When you open it to create a new document simply save the new document as a different name and you will always have your blank document.

jimforrest 18:37 PM 13 Mar 12

Thanks again John - great idea.

johndrew 09:57 AM 15 Mar 12

You're welcome.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay