Please Help With Minor Vista Problem

anniel34 15:38 26 Nov 07

I have posted this problem on the help forum, before realising I could post here:

Can anyone advise me how to anchor a page in Vista Home premium on my laptop which had a 15" screen.

Everything went wrong when a page in iTunes was too large for me to see the minimize and close buttons.

Googling led me to believe that I needed to change the screen resolution...things then went from bad to worse. I have managed to make the font tall and thin and trying to adjust anything so I have access to OK and Apply have failed.

I have pressed alt+spacebar and clicked on move. I can get the page to move so I can see the required buttons, but I cannot anchor the page so I can press the appropriate buttons.

I tried doing a system restore to rectify my original problem, but as I cannot get the page to stay put, I cannot even do that.

I know I am a complete dork with matters technical, but I have tried every way which way to fix this problem, so I am asking for help.

How do I anchor the page in Vista on a laptop?

tufti 16:26 26 Nov 07

Restart your laptop and press the F8 key intermitently as it starts.
This will bring you to a menu which will allow you to start in safe mode etc.
Last known good configuration may put you back to where you were, or try Safe Mode to see if you can see the video driver icon to change the screen resolution.
Some one else may have a better solution but I have just tried this on my laptop and it seems to work.

J

anniel34 17:31 26 Nov 07

thanks for the tip Tufti! All OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…