please help with blue screen of beath

chaoso 01:58 AM 20 Apr 13

Hey all i'm running on vista 32 bit and is approximately 5 years old. as of recently i've been running multiple programs at the same time which seems to have cause my pc to automatically turn off than on. after a few times of the pc turning off than on I got the blue screen of death. I tried to reinstall the os and it just kept giving me error messages. Some of the errors are 0x000000c2, 0x0000007e, 0x000000di. I than figured since I couldn't reinstall windows vista i would replace the hard drive and try again. Unfortunately that plan didn't work either and i kept getting the same error messages. Also i'm unable to start the pc in safemode so i cann't even go to a restore point. Help please.. how can I test to see if its the MoBo or chip? I just find it weird that even with a new hard drive I can't install windows vista.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:27 PM 20 Apr 13

Bad pool error - DRIVERIRQLNOTLESSOR_EQUAL are you errors

this normal points to a bad driver

however I suggest as you cannot get it to boot in safe mode you remove one stick of memory at a time and retry.

chaoso 02:33 AM 22 Apr 13

hey guys thanks for responding back to my plea for help. I tried taking out the ram one at a time and unfortunately that didn't work. it still wont boot in safe mode and it still wont reinstall the os from the reinstall disk. I also tried swapping out the old Hard drive with a new one bought from the store,, a 500gb seagate. It still wont reinstall the os. I keep getting bsod saying windows had to shut down.. but how can windows shut down when its a brand new hard drive and i can't even install windows on it?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…