Photoshop/Chrome incompatibility in Windows 7 SP1 64 bits

RamonPA 02:10 27 Dec 14

The coincident installation of Photoshop CC 2014 and Google Chrome (downloaded directly from the application official page) in my new computer causes Internet Explorer and Photoshop, as well as other programs, such as CDRWIN (8.0.10.216), to stop working (APPCRASH). I have tried out several test scenarios (always with brand new clean installations from scratch), but the final result has always been exactly the same. Next, I include my computer technical specifications and the different test scenarios.

Technical specifications: - Operative system: Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bits, version 6.1.7601, build 7601 - Motherboard: ASUS B85M-E - BIOS version and date: American Megatrends 0810, 05/16/2014 - SMBIOS version: 2.7 - Motherboard driver installation CD version: 1124.04 - Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 3.20 GHz, quad core - Memory: Kingston 8 MB, DDR3, 1,600 MHz - Audio (motherboard built-in): Realtek High Definition Audio / Intel Display Audio - Graphics (motherboard built-in): Intel HD Graphics 4600, version 10.18.10.3412 - Network (motherboard built-in): Realtek PCIe GBE Family, Ethernet 802.3 - USB 2.0 (motherboard built-in): Intel 8 Series / C220 Series EHC1 #1 – 8C26 Intel 8 Series / C220 Series EHC1 #2 – 8C2D - USB 3.0 (motherboard built-in): Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible - Hard disk: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001-1CH164, 2 TB, 64 MB cache, 7,200 r.p.m. - 2 partitions (MBR, NTFS): system (100 MB) and storage (rest of hard disk size), originally created using EaseUS Partition Master Pro 9.3 - CD/DVD: LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM CH24NSC0

Test scenarios: - Installation of both motherboard driver installation CD version 1124.04 (which is the one that came with the motherboard when I bought it) and older version 1124.03 (which is the one that came with the motherboard for my second computer I talk about at the bottom when I bought it) - Checking both in Device Manager and in System Information that everything is installed and works properly - If any of both applications is not installed, the programs work adequately (either Photoshop and Internet Explorer when Chrome is not installed, or Internet Explorer when Photoshop is not installed) - Installation order reversal: first Photoshop and then Chrome, and vice versa - Installation both having multiple programs installed and just after installing the operative system and motherboard drivers, without having any other program installed (Windows firewall and Windows Update turned off) - Installation both with Internet Explorer 8 (default in Windows 7) and with Internet Explorer 11 (updated from Microsoft official page) - Installation of Chrome 32 bits - Installation of Chrome 64 bits - Installation of Photoshop CC 2014 14.2.1 x64 - Installation of Photoshop CC 2014 15.0.0.8 x64 - During Photoshop installation, the installer installs properly Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x86 and x64 11.0.61030, but an error message is displayed when trying to install both Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 and x64 (without being previously installed in the system) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86 and x64 10.0.40219 (previously installed in the system during Intel Management Engine Interface installation from motherboard driver installation CD). Facing this situation, I have tried out computer behavior first without installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 and x64, and then manually installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.30729 (SP1) and x64 9.0.21022 (SP1) from Microsoft official page (both before and after Photoshop installation), as when trying to install the redistributables from the files included in Photoshop installation CD, located in Adobe CC>payloads folder, an error message is displayed and they do not install. - Formatting system partition using Windows 7 installation CD formatting feature - Deleting, and then creating and formatting, system partition using Windows 7 installation CD features for those purposes - Additional information: - Sometimes, not always, once Photoshop and Internet Explorer APPCRASHs have already occurred, a COM Surrogate APPCRASH message is also displayed. - I have got a second computer, very similar to this one as far as hardware and software features are concerned, where the coincident installation of Photoshop and Google Chrome, using the same installation CD in the case of Photoshop CC 2014 14.2.1 x64, does not cause any kind of issues.

Thank you very much in advance.

john bunyan 10:55 27 Dec 14

This may be a bit dated but worth a read:

Adobe/Chrome

I have PS CS5 but use IE11. Do you need Chrome at all?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…