Photo Edition s/w - What's the best for Vista pls?

AngeTheHippy 17:41 PM 27 Apr 09

Hi All,
I've got PaintShopPro and PhotoShop on my old XP pc and am looking for a good Photo Editing s/w for the new Lappy - Vista Home Premium 32bit. Can I have suggestions please?

Thanks

AngeTheHippy
xx

Kevscar1 19:49 PM 27 Apr 09

Stick with PSP works fine on my Vista

AngeTheHippy 20:57 PM 27 Apr 09

I'd love to, but when I go to the Corel website to get the updates it appears they don't have 10.1 as it's too old! Can't afford at the mo to purchase the latest edition either...

x

Kevscar1 07:10 AM 28 Apr 09

go here for updates

click here

AngeTheHippy 08:47 AM 28 Apr 09

and many thanks for your suggestions.

I've been to the site AND d/loaded the 10.01 patch. HOWEVER, for some odd reason I can't fathom out, it slows then freezes PSP. I've installed and uninstalled both items twice already, as the same thing happened both times. It's really annoying, as I didn't have the problem on the PC which runs on XP.

Ange
xx

Kevscar1 18:26 PM 28 Apr 09

try running as administrator.
let us know if that works

AngeTheHippy 09:07 AM 29 Apr 09

thanks for your response. I think I know WHY (possibly!) PSP didn't like the 10.1 update - could it be I hadn't CLOSED PSP when installing the update?? Just tried again BUT closed PSP before updating, and ... VOILA!! Works like a dream. It seems quite a bit faster to when opening PSP!

Thanks everyone for your help with this. I MUST remember that when applying an update that's been downloaded, it's important to CLOSE the application when applying.

Ange
xxx

Kevscar1 18:47 PM 29 Apr 09

yeah it does help

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things