Photo Edition s/w - What's the best for Vista pls?

AngeTheHippy 27 Apr 09

Hi All,
I've got PaintShopPro and PhotoShop on my old XP pc and am looking for a good Photo Editing s/w for the new Lappy - Vista Home Premium 32bit. Can I have suggestions please?

Thanks

AngeTheHippy
xx

Kevscar1 27 Apr 09

Stick with PSP works fine on my Vista

AngeTheHippy 27 Apr 09

I'd love to, but when I go to the Corel website to get the updates it appears they don't have 10.1 as it's too old! Can't afford at the mo to purchase the latest edition either...

x

Kevscar1 28 Apr 09

go here for updates

click here

AngeTheHippy 28 Apr 09

and many thanks for your suggestions.

I've been to the site AND d/loaded the 10.01 patch. HOWEVER, for some odd reason I can't fathom out, it slows then freezes PSP. I've installed and uninstalled both items twice already, as the same thing happened both times. It's really annoying, as I didn't have the problem on the PC which runs on XP.

Ange
xx

Kevscar1 28 Apr 09

try running as administrator.
let us know if that works

AngeTheHippy 29 Apr 09

thanks for your response. I think I know WHY (possibly!) PSP didn't like the 10.1 update - could it be I hadn't CLOSED PSP when installing the update?? Just tried again BUT closed PSP before updating, and ... VOILA!! Works like a dream. It seems quite a bit faster to when opening PSP!

Thanks everyone for your help with this. I MUST remember that when applying an update that's been downloaded, it's important to CLOSE the application when applying.

Ange
xxx

Kevscar1 29 Apr 09

yeah it does help

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message