Personal finance software

Kate B 15:14 14 Mar 07

Anyone found any of the above that works OK under Vista? I'm supposed to be writing a feature on this but two of the four packages I was planning to review - Sage Instant Accounts and my dad's MoneyBox - either won't install at all or play havoc with my PC. Sage gave me two BSODs and one major crash in 15 minutes. MS Money and Tesco Personal Finance are fine, by the way.

Forum Editor 17:49 14 Mar 07

of the lastest versions of QuickBooks software will run perfectly in Vista. That is to say:-

Quickbooks Pro 2007,

Quickbooks premiere 2007 in the following versions - Accountant, Contractor, Manufacturing and Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, Retail.

There are other Quickbooks products that will be OK as well, but I haven't tested them myself.

Kate B 17:51 14 Mar 07

Thanks, Peter, I'll take a look at that.

sunny staines 17:53 14 Mar 07

have you tried setting up excel with a few formulas. I have all my finances set up this way and ditched sage and moey years ago.

Kate B 18:02 14 Mar 07

I'm a dead loss at Excel, ss, and anyway it's outside the remit of the feature I'm writing, but thank you for the thought: I know lots of people who do manage their finances that way.

Newuser38 19:10 14 Mar 07

I put the MYOB 16plus trial from the latest PCA DVD onto my vista machine and it seems to run fine.

Kate B 11:42 15 Mar 07

Update: I got MoneyBox to install by running it as administrator. Phew!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…