Performance and Reliability Update

J B 11:32 24 Oct 07

There is a new update for performance and reliability for those who haven't got it yet. click here J.B.

Mike10C 09:06 25 Oct 07

Thanks J.B. for the info on this update. I installed it yesterday onto Vista Home Premium. The install took a while and has now settled down.
My impressions are that start up now takes a little longer about 20 seconds more, but once its running the computer seems much more responsive. Applications start much more quickly. Something has changed, and improved.

crosstrainer 09:26 25 Oct 07

It out of curiosity, but to be honest, can't see much difference anywhere, the machine is very quick anyway, what I was hoping for was that it might address the IE7 issues (I use Firefox, but cannot persuade most clients to change) but no such luck.

Hasn't done any harm anyway, despite the warnings that it might render some machines unbootable! For that reason I will not be advising clients to install it!

J B 14:28 25 Oct 07

My experience with the update hass been pretty good. The install went well in fact it was quite quick. My boot time is a few seconds quicker but all my applications open much quicker. All in all my notebook is much more responsive than before so something good must have happened. J.B.

J B 14:34 26 Oct 07

Doesn't look like anyone else will take up the offer so I will tick resolved. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…