PDF Complete

conrail 20:51 21 May 13

using win 7 sp1 64 bit with office XP and PDF complete Special Edition, have created a few PDF documents recenlty without any problems, company secretary requests all documents as PDF, trying to send a local charity 4 page newsletter to secretary as PDF, have scanned in 4 pages into word and when I select file>convert to PDF word goes throught the motions and gives me 4 PDF pages but for some reason they are blank pages. anybody had this problem and can help me, all help and advice appreciated.

chub_tor 17:41 22 May 13

If you scan in pages into Word then I think that the scan makes it an image file and not a text file, that could be your problem. If you scan and then run an OCR programme so that you create a text file in Word then you should have something you can output to a pdf.

Nontek 19:06 22 May 13

You need this

or something similar - scanned pages become images, usually in .jpg format!

conrail 14:14 23 May 13

thanks chub_tor and Nontek, I have prevoiusly created pdf's this way no problem so no idea as to why it did not work this time, thanks for the link Nontek, I will download that and give it a try, I apppreciate both for your time and advice, again many thanks

conrail 08:49 24 May 13

thanks Nontek, that link worked fine.

Nontek 09:02 24 May 13

Grrreat, thanks for your feedback.

john bunyan 17:13 14 Jun 13

If you have a photo editing programme it may enable you to "Save as" a PDF. Photoshop certainly does.

Nontek 17:38 14 Jun 13

john bunyan

Notice the date of original and read through the thread again :-))

john bunyan 19:12 14 Jun 13

Nontek

Sorry - did not check the date! Could not see the wood for the trees!

Nontek 14:15 15 Jun 13

Could not see the wood for the trees!

Nice one :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now