pc runnig slow and sluggish.

stephen0205 14:32 29 Jun 07

Hey guys my pc was working fine until yesterday it suddenly died and goes really slow, its really sluggish, it boots and logs in then it happens, it goes mega slow and when clicking the start button takes 21 seconds to open. It was running like a dream before.

it has 3ghz pentium 4 with hyperthreading
abit 775 motherboard
200gb sata hard drive running at 7200rpm
3 sony dvd rw
1gb of ddr 2 memory

I didnt understand this, so i reformatted it and reinstalled vista home premium and installed all the software that i had in the pc and still acts the same.

What could be wrong and what could i try???

mrwoowoo 19:07 29 Jun 07

has your dvd rom drive been noisey lately?
only asking as i had a problem with a duff rom drive ,that although played ok (ish),the cpu was constantly trying to access it.this caused the cpu to run at 100% continually and leave nothing left to open other applications.
i checked this in task manager,which showed 100% cpu usage.
Even clicking on my documents took ages to open,if at all.

pk46 20:39 29 Jun 07

Run MSCONFIG and see whats starting up,have you checked the event log for errors might give you a clue as to what is causing the problem.

stephen0205 17:48 02 Jul 07

guys my motherboard stopped workin today, the ps/2 mouse and keyboard ports and the usb stopped working, sysstem boots but cant use it, mabe this was the problem.

razor_python 17:58 02 Jul 07

yh thats most probably it what brand is your comp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…