PC freezing when I watch Video

Hetti 14:36 PM 25 Feb 12

Win 7 premium, Mozilla firefox

When I use firefox to try to watch video the video runs OK but when I stop it or it ends, my PC then freezes. This does not happen with IE8. I have uninstalled Adobe flash player (with the uninstall software from Adobe) then reinstalled it bit the same happens.

I could just use IE but I prefer Firefox, so if it can be sorted I would be grateful.

difarn 15:03 PM 25 Feb 12

First thing to check is that you have the current version of Adobe installed for firefox. I am using the beta version at present for firefox - not for internet explorer - and this works very well - download here if you are interested. The download is the green box top right hand corner.

To try to isolate the problem....

Open up a video, YouTube would be fine, when it is playing right click and uncheck the box that says enable hardware acceleration if it is checked and see if this helps.

You may need to disable the plug-in container - follow the steps in this article that shows you how to do it.

Hetti 17:21 PM 25 Feb 12

difarn I do have the lastest version of flash player.

I did the "when it is playing right click and uncheck the box that says enable hardware acceleration" and it seems to be fine now. Hope this is the solution as I don't think I could carry out steps the disable the plug-in container it looks to tricky for me.

Thanks for the advice

difarn 18:27 PM 25 Feb 12

It should do the trick - it did for me a while ago.

Fradd 08:45 AM 01 Mar 12

Computer start-up problems along with their solutions. Mostly, we assume that the cause for the computer’s death may be a loose connection in desktops and empty battery in notebooks and netbooks. However, both the aspects, computer start up failure and loose power connection are not interconnected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016