pc crashes when installing windows 7

middi-1987 12:47 PM 09 Aug 11

hiya I've run a wipe disk on my laptop and tried to run a clean install to windows 7 and keep coming across the same error. when windows has run through the first stage of the install my computer either freezes before it should reboot, or when the computer does reboot it jumps straight back to the first stage of the windows install. ive tried to reinstall vister and the same problem accrues. I think my hard drive may be the problem as its very noisy on boot up, would this cause the problems that im having?

amonra 12:56 PM 09 Aug 11

If you have any doubts on the state of your HD, then now is the time to dump it and fit a new, bigger, better drive. Better for it to fail now than in a few weeks time when all your hard work goes down the pan. Dont risk it, HDs are relatively cheap now.

gengiscant 15:48 PM 09 Aug 11

I think my hard drive may be the problem as its very noisy on boot up, would this cause the problems that I'm having?

Yes it would and as has been suggested get yourself a new hard-drive and then install Windows 7

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things