PC boot problems. Please help

rhysdarbyshire 20:38 23 Jan 15

I’m new around here, this is my first post, and have a PC problem in which I do not know how to deal with. I recently bought a PC and it appears to have developed a problem. Upon boot, the fans on the graphics card do not turn on and this stays inactive. As a result of this, no video is emitted through the graphics card and I cannot get any picture on my monitor as the graphics card is not emitting video. The motherboard does not have an integrated video out port so there is no alternate way of getting video from the PC as the only video output is from the graphics card, in which shows no sign of life. When the PC is turned on, the ram led turns on for the space of 2-3 seconds before turning on. In this time the ‘boot device’ led comes on and stays on, only disappearing when the PC is turned off. Could this be linked to the graphics card not turning on or is this a separate issue? I am new here and so I do not really know if this is the right place to put this post. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. System information: Processor: I7 4830k Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Graphics Card: Gigabyte 670 windforce. Any more information that is required can be given. Thanks

rdave13 21:00 23 Jan 15

The i7 has a GPU chip integrated. Are you sure there is no mobo video connection port or has it been covered up? Check carefully at the back of the PC.

As for the dedicated GPU unseat it and reseat and make sure you have the power connected to it from the PSU.

rhysdarbyshire 21:28 23 Jan 15

I have looked again and I am pretty sure that it does not have a video connection in the mobo. How do I know whether the power is collected to the GPU?

rdave13 23:42 23 Jan 15

Have you opened the PC's case side and had a 'fiddle' around? Or to be more mature about it, have you delved in to unknown territory?

Fair question.

daxian 11:24 24 Jan 15

"i have recently bought" .... how recent ? from a shop ...or second hand ? if from a shop,and within 12 months then take it back !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes