PB Easynote Win7 laptop not booting

kevrob01 15:12 04 Mar 15

Hi, My PB Easynote laptop froze on me so I held down the power button to switch it off. When I switched it on again it would not boot up. When I switch it on the power lights go on but HDD light does not go on and the monitor stays off. I tried a hard reset as well as swapping HDD and RAM, both work on another easynote but after changing HDD on the broken easynote, it still failed to boot. Any suggestions?

chub_tor 16:45 04 Mar 15

Will it boot into Safe Mode? Tap F8 as it is booting up. When you get the menu try Last Known Good Configuration. Or select Repair if that shows up.

kevrob01 16:59 04 Mar 15

Thanks for the reply. No, it does not boot to safe mode. Not booting at all unfortunately. Just power lights and fan go on. Don't think its the screen as the HDD light does not go on. Hope its nothing too serious like the motherboard.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:41 04 Mar 15

It is sounding like motherboard.

Remove battery and mains lead

press and hold power button for 30 seconds

reconnect power lead and try to boot without battery

does anything happen?

kevrob01 17:58 05 Mar 15

Tried that first but did not help. I'm hoping it is something cheap and easy to fix but not looking good.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:31 05 Mar 15

Just power lights and fan go on

Motherboard may be OK try a remove of HDD and memory and boot without

you may force it to an error message.

kevrob01 20:41 05 Mar 15

Removed HDD and RAM and then started up but just the same. Only power lights on and a louder fan noise for around 3 seconds (the usual) then just normal fan noise with the power lights. Honest opinions?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:11 05 Mar 15

Doesn't look like BIOS is going through POST.

can you get at the CMOS battery and disconnect it for 10 mins?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…