password

Ozy 13:45 PM 17 Dec 12
Answered

I live alone no one else has access to my computer. when I boot windows 8 it asks for a password. how can I boot straight into Windows 8 . I have tried many times tapping F8 to get into safe mode, (it just boots into windows.) in windows XP or 7 I have used safe mode/ user accounts/ to set password to "normal" my system is an H.P. 2065 i7 second generation foxcon 2ABF 1.20 main board

chub_tor 17:30 PM 17 Dec 12

I found this article very helpful in getting rid of that annoying log on request.

rdave13 09:27 AM 18 Dec 12

Start screen, right corner, search under apps. Type netplwiz. Right click netplwiz and run as admin. Untick the box for Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.

Enter your password twice as required then reboot.

Ozy 22:04 PM 18 Dec 12

rdave13 that did not work, on bootup it said wrong password

rdave13 23:06 PM 18 Dec 12

Try again but this time don't run netplwiz as admin. It look as if it's trying to log into the hidden admin account. Tick the box again, apply, OK. Open netplwiz again, but not as administrator this time, and untick the box, apply, OK and type your password and confirm again. See if that works. I've just tried it and it works ok.

Ozy 08:31 AM 21 Dec 12
Answer

that did it! thanks for your help

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone