Paint Shop Pro 8 & Vista

User-1239176 20:07 16 Feb 08

I have a fairly new Dell laptop (with large memory) with Vista installed. I've loaded both Paint Shop Pro 8 and X neither of which gave me any trouble on my old PC with XP. Pro 8 keeps crashing after about 5 minutes use, especially when I try to crop photos. I've given up completely with Pro X which will not work at all. I also can't download from either my Canon or Nikon cameras onto their installed software using Vista - I have to use Windows which is not as good. Can anyone help or advise please? I don't understand computer jargon I'm afraid & I'm not technically clever with computers either! Thanks.

mrwoowoo 21:42 16 Feb 08

If you have a shortcut on your desktop for paint shop pro 8 or x,try this.
Right click on the shortcut and choose properties.
Next click compatability and tick the box to run this programme in compatability mode for... and choose xp from the dropdown.Then click apply and ok.
Hope it helps.

mrwoowoo 21:43 16 Feb 08

As for your cameras you may need to download vista drivers for them.

Kemistri 21:52 16 Feb 08

All the latest Canon utilities, including DPP and the EOS Utility, are compatible with Vista -- according to Canon's website. So I don't see a problem there. I cannot comment about Nikon's software.

I cannot find any information about which of the earlier versions are covered by PSPX2's upgrade license, but I'm sure that v.10 must be included. If you have the budget available, seriously consider an upgrade. click here

ventanas 23:23 16 Feb 08

All versions of PSP from seven onwards work perfectly well in Vista. There are no issues at all except some versions cannot use the Aero graphics, so they just temporarily turn it off. I have all these versions up to X2 installed on a Dell running Vista Home Premium. There is no need to use any compatibility mode. I would remove them, clear out the registry with click here and reinstall

As for the cameras, why bother. Just get a card reader and use that instead. Nothing to install and far simpler. I have never connected any of my five digital cameras to a computer, it just isn't worth it.
Which software are you using. If Nikon you need Capture NX for Vista.

Ex plorer 17:10 26 Apr 11

Hi Stephmck I have same problem with PSP8 with crop on Vista I am still trying a work round best suggestion is to start the crop slowly and follow through until you have cropped the entire photo. If you are getting any success from above remarks please reply with your findings.

nikos777 08:43 29 Apr 11

hi guys, i have also the same problem as the above 'Ex plorer'. any good help please..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…