Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail

RobCharles1981 11:40 08 Mar 10

Hi

Obviously took over Windows Live Mail from Out Look Express.

And downloaded Windows Live Mail to use with Windows 7 Home Premium.

I have from Outlook Express saved my Account Settings and address book and Outlook Express Data Folder where my messages are stored can these been imported with WIndows Live Mail?

Thanks

Rob

BurrWalnut 14:00 08 Mar 10

Here is the transfer procedure from OE to WLM, assuming you're still running OE:

ACCOUNT DETAILS
1. Go to Outlook Express > Tools > Accounts > Mail Tab and select the first account you want to export. Click on it and then click Export. Make a note of its name and save the file to an external device. Repeat this procedure for any other e-mail accounts you want to export.
2. Go to Windows Live Mail > Tools (press Alt if the Toolbar is not showing) > Accounts > Import > Browse to the file on your external device.

ADDRESS BOOK/CONTACTS
1. Go to Outlook Express > File > Export > Address Book and select Comma Separated Values (CSV) > Export, select the fields you want and save the file to an external device.
2. In Windows Live Mail, click Contacts in the bottom left corner > Menus top right (or Alt+M) > Import > CSV (Comma Separated Values) and browse to the file on your external device.

1. Create folders on your external device and name them OEInbox and OESent. Open Outlook Express, go to the Inbox, click on a message line then press Ctrl+A to Select All and drag the highlighted items into OEInbox, where they become individual .eml files. Repeat it for Sent Items and any other mail boxes that you have.
2. In Windows Live Mail display the Inbox and open the OEInbox folder on external device, Select All (Ctrl+A) the items from the OEInbox folder and drag them to the Inbox. Repeat this for any other mail boxes.

If you’re keeping the machine with OE on it and you are on a network, the folders and exported files can be accessed directly rather than be put on an external device.

RobCharles1981 23:54 10 Mar 10

Hi thanks.

I want to try out Outlook 2007 what is the procedure for importing the Messages from Windows Live into Outlook?

I've Exported The Messages from Windows Live but where do I go from there?

Thanks

BurrWalnut 13:16 11 Mar 10

Open Windows Live Mail > File (press Alt if the menu bar is missing) > Export > Messages > Choose ‘Microsoft Exchange’ (works for Outlook) > Profile name and select the folder(s) you want to copy. When you open Outlook, the messages will be there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…