Here is the transfer procedure from OE to WLM, assuming you're still running OE:
1. Go to Outlook Express > Tools > Accounts > Mail Tab and select the first account you want to export. Click on it and then click Export. Make a note of its name and save the file to an external device. Repeat this procedure for any other e-mail accounts you want to export.
2. Go to Windows Live Mail > Tools (press Alt if the Toolbar is not showing) > Accounts > Import > Browse to the file on your external device.
1. Go to Outlook Express > File > Export > Address Book and select Comma Separated Values (CSV) > Export, select the fields you want and save the file to an external device.
2. In Windows Live Mail, click Contacts in the bottom left corner > Menus top right (or Alt+M) > Import > CSV (Comma Separated Values) and browse to the file on your external device.
1. Create folders on your external device and name them OEInbox and OESent. Open Outlook Express, go to the Inbox, click on a message line then press Ctrl+A to Select All and drag the highlighted items into OEInbox, where they become individual .eml files. Repeat it for Sent Items and any other mail boxes that you have.
2. In Windows Live Mail display the Inbox and open the OEInbox folder on external device, Select All (Ctrl+A) the items from the OEInbox folder and drag them to the Inbox. Repeat this for any other mail boxes.
If you’re keeping the machine with OE on it and you are on a network, the folders and exported files can be accessed directly rather than be put on an external device.