outlook emails cannot open attached links

jwupsall 20:26 PM 30 Dec 11

when i try to open links on an email i get a general failure warning up. Url not found. How can i rectify this. I used to be able to this.

difarn 21:25 PM 30 Dec 11

Have you had any updates recently? You could try this:-

Open Internet Explorer click On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Click the Programs tab, and then click Set programs. Click Set Default Programs. Click to select Microsoft Outlook, and then click Set this program as default. Click OK, and then close the Default Programs dialog box. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Programs tab, and then click Make default under Default web browser. Click OK.

jwupsall 21:53 PM 30 Dec 11

using firefox cannot open i explorer

difarn 23:06 PM 30 Dec 11

Ok - have a look at this article which involves a registry edit.

difarn 21:54 PM 08 Jan 12

It's just occurred to me -how are you using Outlook Express in Windows 7 as this OS does not have this capability. Are you using a virtual XP mode?

difarn 22:08 PM 08 Jan 12

Just found out that Windows 7 does support older versions of Outlook. You say that you use firefox and cannot open internet explorer - outlook is in fact operated via internet explorer. If you go into all programmes you should find it there.

You could try this:-

You can try this also-- Open Set Program Access and Computer Defaults by clicking Start button clicking Default Programs clicking Set program access and computer defaults. Click Custom select your browser and click OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…