Oulook 2007 mail not received

anskyber 07 Jul 09

Outlook 2007 says it is working on test.

The test email, or indeed any other email, however is not received. If I go back to Vista the test email is there. I have disabled my antivirus and allowed outlook through the W7 firewall but still not emails received.

Forum Editor 08 Jul 09

via webmail? It's worth checking to see if it's in the mailbox. If it is, something's obviously adrift at your end. I use Outlook 2007 with Windows 7, and it works perfectly, so I'm sure we can sort it out; do the webmail check first, though.

anskyber 09 Jul 09

Thanks. I have checked my email through the web mail facility with my ISP which is Zen. No I cannot see the email.

If I return to Vista and use Outlook 2007 the email is picked up from the server.

anskyber 09 Jul 09

my email address is a sub domain of the main address. Now that I have logged into that sub domain yes I can see the email on the server.

anskyber 09 Jul 09

for some incomprehensible reason, to me at least, the user name is the same as my email addy not as supplied by my ISP.

Thanks for your assistance anyway.

Forum Editor 09 Jul 09

between usernames that are supplied as logins to web server space, for the purpose of uploading files, or accessing control panels, and usernames that are logins to access POP mailboxes.

In the latter situation the username is almost always your email address for that mailbox.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message