orange wireless problems with vista

Mickey69 22:32 04 Oct 07

Yo,
Just bought new wireless enables laptop and got orange broadband at the same time. Problems connecting in wireless mode but can connect when using cable. Any suggestions - I'm a complete novice at these things so don't confuse me with tech language!!!!

Ashrich 22:41 04 Oct 07

Ok , let's see ...you right click on the two monitors icon on the task bar , select " connect to a network , you see yours and double click on it , it asks for the security code ( probably provided by Orange with the wireless router ) you enter it and click on " connect " ...then what happens ?

Ashley

Mickey69 12:13 05 Oct 07

Will try this tonight and get back to you. Thanks for the help so far.....I'm sure I'll need more later!!

Ashrich 18:41 05 Oct 07

No problems , Vista will ask you what type of network you are connecting to , you need to tell it it's a private one .

Ashley

Mickey69 20:36 05 Oct 07

Not entirley sure how but the damned thing is now working!!!!!! Thanks very much for the kind offer of help, its really appreciated. No doubt I will be back on soon with the same problem or something worse.
Cheers anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…