Optical Drives

Strawballs 00:11 AM 26 May 09

The only problem that I am having at the moment is I have 2 optical drives in the machine that I am using 1 a lightscibe DVD writer and a DVD rom which keeps dissapering when the machine is switch off and back on I have to rescan drives through disc management to get it back.

I have not tried installing my Nero7 with the lightscribe software on it yet will get back when I do or I will have to find lightscribe software that works with it.

laurie53 07:07 AM 26 May 09

No problem with optical drives, even my lightscribe drive on the printer shows up OK.

Didn't even have to manually update the drivers.

FreeCell 12:00 PM 27 May 09

Had to download and install Lightscribe System Software before installing Nero 7 Essentials to get it to use LightScribe functions.

However if I try the update funtion to get later versions of Nero 7 (not update to Nero 9) then I get problems on Windows 7 but the same on XP so not a Microsoft problem me thinks. Downloads the updates removes the old versions, restarts the PC to load the new versions but doesn't so I am left with Nero 7 removed from the PC. Just ignore any update option.

Strawballs 16:45 PM 27 May 09

My version of Nero has the lightscribe built in that came with the drive (a bit annoying as only 6 months before I paid £40 for same version without lightscribe)

FreeCell 19:26 PM 27 May 09

My version of Nero comes with Lightscribe too, but it didn't install it first time on W7 with the Beta, but was okay after LSS install.

Strawballs 22:07 PM 27 May 09

I tried it today and it installed first try without a hitch so I might try my boxed retail version of Nero 7 on my Vista laptop as that has no lightscribe so it will be fine for that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11