Open With... removal of options

hatrickj 13:55 20 Sep 10

A while ago I was experimenting with sundry photo editing applications. Now some I have no further use for are listed. I'd like to remove this chaff.

Can someone tell me how to go about it? Please.

gengiscant 14:14 20 Sep 10

Not sure what you want to know but uninstalling a program using something like Revo Uninstaller click here will usually get rid of the 'chaff'.

HWJC 14:45 20 Sep 10

It depends on your Windows version. click here for Microsoft support page for W2000. If you go there it will suggest where you should go for the appropriate solution for your OS.

hatrickj 15:07 20 Sep 10

Thanks.

Rather tedious process though.

hatrickj 09:23 22 Sep 10

Oh dear!

Despite having cleared the unwanted, they are still showing. What might I have missed?

gengiscant 10:13 22 Sep 10

It would be better to begin another post as you have ticked this as resolved,so you won't get many folk looking at it .
Also could you explain your problem a little more,what is still there?Is it just the icons of programs you have uninstalled? if so just delete them.

Sbrads 21:46 27 Sep 10

There's a program called OpenWithView that can disable entries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…