One More Release Before Windows Vista Goes Gold

powerless 22:10 30 Sep 06

click here

It's coming...

Forum Editor 23:13 30 Sep 06

I'm currently running build 5728 of RC1, and as far as I'm concerned it's just about ready to roll. Stability is at least as good as Win XP, maybe better.

Jimmy14 23:36 30 Sep 06

i will look foward too it also but at the moment I am in front of the 5728 build.

sunny staines 08:43 01 Oct 06

I was liking it, but waiting to see how the drm issue works out i have some dvd's and cd's that will not play also one of my dvd drives the liteon r/w drive will not work in vista have to use a very old dvd reader.
the graphics aero not as good as expected unless my pc not displaying fully, but impressed with the increased in internet speed and log in times.
looking forward to trying the next buid to see if my probs are sorted.

Forum Editor 10:58 01 Oct 06

You may not get a chance to enjoy the limited release - it will only be offered to around 50,000/100,000 selected users.

The criteria that Microsoft use when selecting these users are not published in full, but they say that they will select people from whom they "most want feedback".

sunny staines 13:22 01 Oct 06

thats knocked a novice that like me out it then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…