one drive needs administrator rights

conrail 20:48 20 Dec 14

using win 8.1, have downloaded one drive and saved photos and documents to it which I can access fine via 'this pc' but when I try to open one drive it tells me 'your system administrator has blocked the use of onedrive' I have tried to change permissions by pc; properties; security; edit and adding my pc outlook account, all are ticked but they are greyed out, except special permissions, just greyed out,including SYSTEM; my outlook a/c and administrator how can I access these permissions or open one drive as administrator, I want to update photos from my tablet, no problems there with one drive, thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:53 20 Dec 14

have a read here

conrail 22:12 20 Dec 14

thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\, received an update for onedrive so selected it, this made onedrive disappeared completely including from this pc, including all files I had, have re downloaded program but same problem, only options I have is pin/unpin to start/taskbar and resize, looked at your suggestion but cant find any options other than mentioned

rdave13 22:27 20 Dec 14

conrail , desktop or apps? Is your account administrator or standard? If 'standard' you won't be able to do anything about 'permissions.

conrail 09:52 21 Dec 14

thanks rdave13, forgive my ignorance, how do I tell which my a/c is?

conrail 10:02 21 Dec 14

Hi v, under User Accounts > Change Your account Type, the administrator radio button is selected

conrail 10:03 21 Dec 14

sorry rdave13, where it shows 'v' it should show your name

rdave13 15:35 21 Dec 14

When you go to user accounts does your account show it's admin? When I click on "change your account type" it's the Standard button that's dotted. Confusing I know.

rdave13 15:52 21 Dec 14

Under your icon in user accounts the text should show you as administrator and password protected usually. When you click the change account type if the administrator button is dotted you need to change the account type. That will make you administrator.

conrail 16:14 21 Dec 14

thanks rdave13, next to my photo in user accounts it shows my name, under that is my ms outlook email address, I don't use this email address I got it when I got the laptop, under that is Administrator, under that is Password Protected, below is the options for standard and administrator, the latter has a black dot in which I assume means I am the administrator, the only time I need a password is logging on, I use a pin number for that

rdave13 16:20 21 Dec 14

You are admin as the change account type tab will be greyed out if the admin button is dotted. What happens if you click on the icon in the taskbar?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…