Oh dear! And me buying a new pc

mrwoowoo 19:58 14 Jan 08

Yes it's that vista thing again.
Getting my gaming pc next week with vista pre installed. Since sp1 is nigh on due out i thought all would be ok until i saw this.
click here
Still,the worse that can happen is having to stick xp on it.
Mind you there have been lots of tips and hints on this forum and the net in general for speeding up vista,so i will not knock it until i try it.

WD2003 20:19 14 Jan 08

That's only RC1, however. Surely Microsoft would notice a problem such as that before the final release. And wouldn't you expect the PCA tests in WorldBench to pick up the same problem? I wouldn't be too concerned.

afaik, all the 3d performance hotfixs are all out and have been for a while you cant get them through update but can from any game site or nvidia support. i downloaded all mine (5 i think) from ea games.

mrwoowoo 20:38 14 Jan 08

Nice one.
Just found them on the nvidia site and have bookmarked for later.

too late! sorry

mrwoowoo 21:53 20 Jan 08

Well my games are running smoothly with everything maxed out with only a 8600gt 512 mb card.
In the performance monitor in control panel my cpu and ram are rated 5.9 out of 6.0.My gpu gets 5.0 for aero and gaming.
My rumble pad installed in 5 secs just by plugging it in compared to 10 mins with xp.
So as wd2003 said,no need to be concerned.

Coupon 01:20 21 Jan 08

My 7800gtx gets 5.9 for Aero and 5.8 for gaming :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…