OFV.msi

x_wozza_x 19:17 PM 14 Jun 12

Hi,

I am having trouble doing windows update as it's asking for a missing file called OFV.msi. I have tried to download this but to no avail.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks Dan

johndrew 19:38 PM 14 Jun 12

Have a look at this MS Answer.

You may also need to check the Validation of MS Office.

x_wozza_x 19:42 PM 14 Jun 12

Thanks John,

I downloaded the file and it installs but I don't know where it installs to?

johndrew 10:54 AM 15 Jun 12

The content of my first link was quite important and should have been read fully. The fifth answer offers a link which explains how the MS Office Validation works and provides important notes.

Did you read and follow the instructions for installation and use on the download page? They are quite clear and specific.

"Install Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in (KB2501584). To do this, follow these steps:

1. Download the .exe file by using the links at the bottom of the page, and then save the file to your hard disk drive.

2. It is recommended that you quit any programs you are running.

3. In Windows Explorer, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions on the screen."

When installing you may be asked where you want to install the file, if not then the software has a specific need to install within MS Office (likely) and should automatically validate when you go online.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone