official vista mag -browse first-

sunny staines 12:32 11 Nov 06

The other day saw in the supermarket a mag called the Official vista magazine in a cardboard sleeve so punter could not read prior to buying. this one was opened so i had a quick scan, just as well i was disappointed it was all adverts and lightly scanned over vista features i personaly would not have recommended it after flicking through it, the cover is very tempting though. if you see it ask to browse before buyinging first to avoid my experience.

was not sure which forum to put this one it but thought this was best for vista readers

Forum Editor 13:29 11 Nov 06

any idea who the publisher was?

Jimmy14 13:50 11 Nov 06

my friend bought it the other day and the publisher I think is called "Future Publishing"

Jimmy14 13:54 11 Nov 06
  Kate B 18:29 11 Nov 06

Doesn't Future Publishing do that Fisher-Price-coloured Official Windows magazine? That has some moderately useful tutorials but it does also contain a lot of uncritical tub-thumping which grates a bit.

sunny staines 18:35 11 Nov 06

when I picked up the mag I though this is will be handy a mag dedicated to vista with indepth articles each month. But alas it was not to be.
hopefully PCA will have a monthly in depth article to study.

anskyber 19:36 11 Nov 06

I agree, I hope PCA will continue to offer articles which deal with the issues and problems people face. In time I shall turn to it for help and guidance with Vista.

cream. 23:57 11 Nov 06

Do a huge range of magazines. A lot of them are computer related.

Unfortunately over the years they have dwindled in both readership and forum membership. I once subscribed to 3 of there offerings, not any more.

In a word they became, crap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now