Office Pro 2010 and Photoshop elements 6.0 will not load error code 1317

retep13 15:01 PM 02 Jan 13

I get three quarters the way through downloading office 2010, it then stops with the error code 1317. I have cleaned the disk and the drive with no effect. This also happens with Photoshop elements 6.0. Both of these work fine with windows 7. Any help would be appreciated.

kate7461 18:48 PM 02 Jan 13

Hi, If you have photoshop still installed on windows 7,you can put the set up folder on that onto a memory stick and then drag it onto your windows 8 desktop, its an alternative, it may not work but it worked for mine. You will need your photoshop key of course. I'm not sure about your office problem but perhaps there's a similar option with that if the other works.

retep13 20:55 PM 02 Jan 13

Hi Kate, I tried that with no luck. Still i will keep on trying, and contact adobe for help if possible. Thank You

retep13 16:58 PM 03 Jan 13

Hi Kate7461, I reinstalled win xp then win 8 and then reinstalled both programes straight away, and they work fine now. Many Thanks Pete

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11