Office 2007

Pine Man 11:39 15 Jun 07

The 'recent documents' lists in previous versions of Office could be easily deleted from within the application concerned but not so in Office 2007.

If you want to delete some or all of the listed documents uuse the following:-

1. Open regedit by clicking START | RUN | and typing “regedit” then clicking “OK”
2. In regedit, navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\WORD\File MRU
3. Delete some or all of the entries to clear out what you do not need.
4. Close regedit

The above applies to Word but also applies to other applications in Office after selecting the correct file.

Peter 13:39 15 Jun 07

Does the old "Ctrl + Alt + -" (The hyphen is the one at the top of the alpha part of the keyboard, just to the right of the zero) still work to remove individual entries?

Peter.

Pine Man 13:55 15 Jun 07

I did read about that somewhere but it didn't work. All of the research I did suggests that it can only be done through the registry.

You can certainly get rid of all the documents by setting the options to zero documents and you can also set the options to have anything fron 1 document to 50!

Pine Man 13:56 15 Jun 07

Should read FROM 1 to 50.

Peter 19:28 15 Jun 07

Well, at least 50 recent documents is an improvement on just 9 that I have been used to in Word '97.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017