Nvidia updates

night 10:29 AM 09 Jan 13

I am using Nvidia for my graphics a GT 220 Graphics card, all the updates have been ok for this card until they have downloaded a new update being 310.90, which has thrown my computer into chaous and on clicking on Windows games it tells me not suitable for devices found, the original update was 306.97 which worked ok for Assasins creed infact all games but the new update is not working, have tried to contact Nvidia but so far no response, how can I rool back to the previous driver without too much trouble or contact Nvidia ?

Mr Mistoffelees 15:01 PM 09 Jan 13

The nVidia release notes advise that you do not roll-back graphics drivers but uninstall and then install the older driver:

"Do not Use Windows Rollback for Graphics Drivers To reinstall a previous or older NVIDIA graphics driver, do not use the Windows rollback feature. This method will not reliably restore all the previous driver files. Instead, use the Windows Add and Remove programs to remove the current driver, and then install the older driver using setup.exe."

Which version of Windows are you using? 310.90 only supports Vista, 7 and 8.

rdave13 16:11 PM 09 Jan 13

I would uninstall the driver as above. Here's a list of Nvidia drivers you can install, just click on ">>>" at the bottom of the descriptions, click here to go to the selected download page. You will have to refuse the update afterwards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…